Ruth Paine House Museum Visitors Center
Tours begin at the Ruth Paine House Museum Visitors Center, located at 801 W. Irving Blvd., and are limited to 12 patrons. In the visitors center, patrons will learn about President Kennedy’s visit to Texas in 1963, as well as be introduced to the Paines and the Oswalds and learn how their lives became intertwined.
After the visitors center orientation, patrons will be taken by van to the museum where they will learn about life in the small suburban home and how the lives of those residing there were forever changed by the events of Nov. 22, 1963. Upon conclusion of the house tour, visitors return to the visitors center. Tours last approximately 90 minutes.
Ruth Paine House Tours
The Ruth Paine House Museum is open Tuesday through Saturday. Tickets are required for entry to the Ruth Paine House Museum and must be purchased in advance. Visitors should check in at the visitors center 10 minutes prior to scheduled tour time.
Tour schedule: 10 a.m., Noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m.
Price of Admission
- Visitors age 12 and older: $12
- Children age 11 and younger: Free
- Group tours call (972) 721-3729.
Ticket and Tour Information
- Secure online purchase is required
- For more information on group tours, call (972) 721-3729.
- Tickets are picked up when you check in at the visitors center.
- Admission to the Ruth Paine House Museum is by guided tour only; tickets are required.
- Advance ticket purchase is the only way to guarantee a spot on a tour.
- All tours begin at Ruth Paine House Visitors Center.
- Food and beverages are not permitted inside the Ruth Paine House Museum.
- To respect the privacy of the residents in the museum's neighborhood, visitors must remain with tour group and on the Ruth Paine House property at all times.